Microsoft EDU, Technical Training Project Manager, Surface Velocity (Ascendion)
• Built adoption training and collateral for the Surface Laptop SE devices and Microsoft 365 productivity suite.
• Designed, developed, & provided bespoke professional development and support to Velocity clients; streamlined / reduced the time from order to adoption by 50%.
• Impacted the successful deployment of over 25,486 unique Surface SE deployments, in 42 educational institutions, across 7 countries, equaling over 5.4M dollars of revenue.
• Built a library of legacy EDU deployment documentation, SE adoption cookbooks, and training videos to sustain this progress after the program’s ramp-down.
Professional Learning Specialist, Insight2Execution
• Provided professional learning to 1000+ educators annually with an approval score of 96% as a part of the Insight2Execution Professional Learning Specialist team.
• Developed courses, video series, presentation decks, and instructional materials to support the implementation of Microsoft tools, including Minecraft Education and Microsoft 365.
Educational Technology Specialist, Pearland Independent School District
• Served as the technology integration SME across 11 campuses, providing research-driven, friendly support to ensure district success.
• Managed the 6-person Elementary team, overseeing team communications and project management to support the district’s digital transformation.
• Supported district initiatives including the implementation of LMS platforms, typing software, and K-12 STEM curriculum, as well as a paper-reduction program.
• Co-authored the Teacher Technology Proficiencies (TTP) rubric and self-assessment, providing updates based on changes to state education laws and new technologies.
• Created segmented training strategies for campuses based on annual results from the TTP to provide tiered intervention and PD opportunities.
• Launched annual in-district Professional Learning Conferences to facilitate staff professional development, managing speakers, scheduling, communication, and feedback.
• Architected a research-based Educational Technology Coaching program, implemented across all campuses, impacting more than one-third of district teachers.
• Trained over 1,400 district teachers, administrators, and staff annually, totaling over 1,500 hours of cumulative trainings.
• Designed, developed, & wrote copy for technical support resources for a Student self-serve Helpdesk, and a Staff Helpdesk, including implementing a new workorder tracking system.
Success Story: Office Insider Spotlight: Seth Fewell
TECCSES Program Manager
• Co-managed all facets of planning for the District Technology Consortium (TECCSES), an annual consortium open to district leaders in the Houston area.
• Developed and maintained the website (https://www.teccses.org), designed to drive traffic through SEO, promote events, and serve as a repository of resources.
• Planned, organized, and executed a multi-district conference with 150 administrators from 40 districts as well as 60+ speakers.
Connect:ED Project Management
• Managed the 6-month implementation of the district-wide 1:1 device initiative, Connect:ED, including communications with parents, staff, leadership, and students.
• Achieved an average 86% daily-active-usage of devices across 23 campuses.
• Created visual assets, including the logo, and a design style guide to codify the initiative, build community buy-in, and drive program awareness.
Co-Director, Building Cultural Bridges
•Spearheaded two highly successful “Music in Space” webcast partnerships with NASA TV.
•Facilitated student-led interviews with 80+ international professionals, both in-person and videoconferencing, speaking about their home country’s culture, and how their love of music affected their career.
•Led student choirs in performances on stage with the Houston Symphony Orchestra, at Jones Hall Performing Arts Center, at the Woodlands Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion, and at the Miller Outdoor Theater, and additionally with choirs performing with Commander Chris Hadfield while aboard the International Space Station, and in-person.
•Led student choirs performing pre-concert for the Houston Symphony for the Holst Planets concerts, singing folksongs learned through Building Cultural Bridges, in the 16 languages represented by the International Space Station.
•Webmaster and archivist for the program and BuildingCulturalBridges.net.
Music Educator & Instructional Technologist,
Pasadena Independent School District
Elementary Music Teacher, K–5, 2005 – 2014
• Taught thousands of elementary-aged students (K-5) with the firm belief that every child can sing and appreciate music.
• Managed and directed school choirs, which were selected to perform with the Houston Symphony, the National Anthem at Astros games, and in two live “Music in Space” broadcasts on NASA TV with the International Space Station and guest Astronauts.
• Co-Directed the “Building Cultural Bridges” project (https://www.buildingculturalbridges.net), vetting and bringing 80+ professionals into classrooms for student-led interviews to explore the impact of music.
• Forged partnerships with organizations like NASA and the Houston Symphony, extending the musical enrichment of students into the community.
Instructional Technologist, 2007 – 2014
• First-line helpdesk support for ~300 Windows PCs, across 55 classrooms and 20 administrative/general-use areas.
• Reduced work-order to resolution time by 60%.
• Provided 30+ annual hours of professional development on EdTech products’ use in the classroom.
• Provided 6-8 hours of district-wide professional development, annually.
• Communicated district needs, agendas, and initiatives to school staff on a biweekly basis.
• Managed the ~$40,000 school technology budget annually, including prioritization, purchase orders, inventory, asset-tagging, and distribution.
Served as Webmaster for:
SethFewell.com – 2012-Present
EstablishEdTech.com – 2020-Present
BuildingCulturalBridges.net – 2005-Present
TECCSES.org – 2014-2022
Pearland ISD Educational Technology – 2018-2022
Carleston Elementary – 2014-2022
C.J. Harris Elementary – 2014-2021
Challenger Elementary – 2021-2022
Pearl Hall Elementary – 2007-2014
Bay Area Chorus of Greater Houston – 2010-2012
Transcripts available upon valid request
Texas A&M University, GPA 4.0
Candidate for a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Curriculum and Instruction, 2023,
Studying Technology Proficiencies in K-12 Educators. Committee Chair, Dr. Trina Davis.
Purdue University, GPA 3.97
Obtained a Master of Science in Education in 2013, studying Learning Design & Technology, with professor Dr. Peggy Ertmer.
Houston Baptist University, GPA 3.11
Obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree in 2003. Double majored in Sacred Music, Double minoring in Choral Conducting & Vocal Performance.
Other Formal Education
Boston University – School of Theology
Pursued a Master of Divinity in Hebrew Bible.
University of St. Thomas
Completed 18 hours of coursework toward the Alternative Certification plan for the Texas Teaching Certification.
Texas Teaching Certification, Music EC-12, valid through 2030
Microsoft Certified Office Specialist Master
Microsoft Office Specialist: Outlook
Microsoft Office Specialist: OneNote
Microsoft Office Specialist: PowerPoint
Microsoft Office Specialist: Word
Microsoft Office Specialist: Word Expert
Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel
Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE)
Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert,
2015 – Present
Microsoft Innovative Educator Fellow,
2020 – Present
Microsoft Master Trainer, 2015 – Present
Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
Accessibility / UDL
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
Microsoft Office 365
Power BI (Analytics)
January 2022 – “Office Insider Spotlight: Seth Fewell” by the Microsoft Insider Team
October 2020 – “Microsoft Flip Educator Spotlight: Seth Fewell” by Angela Tewalt
May 2013 – “Music In Space” by Karen Kneten, Southwestern Musician, a publication of the Texas Music Educator’s Association. https://is.gd/K9s2Bo
February 2010 – “Inspired Teaching, Inspired Learning” by Karen Kneten, Southwestern Musician, a publication of the Texas Music Educator’s Association.
February 2007 – “Music Education Builds Cultural Bridges” by Karen Kneten, Southwestern Musician, a publication of the Texas Music Educator’s Association.
*Reprinted and given to all members of the Texas House of Representatives in April 2007. https://is.gd/stngYV
American Educational Research Association (AERA)
Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development (ASCD)
Association for Talent Development (ATD)
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
Texas Computer Educators Association (TCEA)
Novel Effect Ambassador
Minecraft Education Global Mentor